A huge part of this editing process, that I totally didn't almost completely forget about, is the sound elements! For the sound aspect of my project, I used this website called Epidemic Sound that my peer Macie had recommend I use in our previous group meeting. So, I created my account and began searching for the perfect audio!
The issue I have with the audio I need for the chaos/packing scene, is that I wanted it to be suspenseful in a real way, NOT in a cheesy way. Same thing for the music that it opens with during the practices, I want it to be more upbeat to highlight a shift, but not in a cringey way.
I typed in the search bar "suspense" to see what would show up and to see what I could play around with. To my surprise, all of the sound options were really good and not cringey or cheesy at ALL. Lucky me, the first option was a perfect fit! No I didn't just listen to the first one and called it a day, I actually looked around at a couple more of the results but nothing was working as well as the first one in my opinion. It's called "Conclusion" by Max Anson . It gives a perfect build for what Camila could be hiding, and totally matches the criminal vibe. It's suspenseful, and really leaves audiences on their toes. While I need to put it over the clips to see what fits, I definitely think this is the one. Now onto the next!
Honestly, I really struggled with finding an audio for this scene. It's difficult to find a "highschool" type of song that doesn't sound cheesy. Though I do think I found the closest thing for the vibe we were going for. It's titled "Vacation Barry" by Jobii. It's described as Indie Rock, Happy, and Dreamy. I think the indie rock gives it that calmer but still youthful subtly to it that the music in this scene needs. It can't be too upbeat, but also can't be suspenseful or mysterious because that isn't where the story is. The only issue might be when the two main characters exchange the look because that needs to be suspenseful and questionable.

No comments:
Post a Comment